So yesterday marked the official start of Autumn 2017. A season I have grown to love more and more over the last few years. Friday 22nd September through to Thursday 21st December with the clocks going back on Sunday 29th October (I’ve done my research!)
As with past seasons I like to write down a bucket list of things to do throughout that time. Very rarely do we complete it all but it gives me something to look back at and when we start to lose track of plans,
it sparks a little inspiration.
Autumn 2017 in our house consists of a lot of work for me (it’s show and panto term as well as me trying to complete a course), the first term of school for LB (the homework has already started), P’s first birthday and Bs 41st (we didn’t celebrate his 40th so really must sort something this year). There’s Half Term, Halloween, bonfire night
and other bits and pieces in between.
- Films on the sofa under blankets
- Hot chocolate with marshmallows
- Collecting conkers
- Walks wrapped up in our coats, hats, scarves and wellies
- Go to a pumpkin patch
- Carve/decorate pumpkins
- Go trick or treating
- Kick through fallen leaves
- Cook soups and stews
- Enjoy Strictly Come Dancing
- Visit NT properties for autumn activities
- Try a pumpkin spiced latte
- Read more (maybe 2 books if I’m lucky)
- Get into a new routine now LB is at school full time
- Work my butt off (so much going on until 10th december)
- But remember to take time for me too
- Buy some new boots-my feet get wet in my current ones
- Burn autumn candles
- Start planning Christmas
- Hot Baths with candles
- Create our photo wall in the living room
- Tidy the garden for winter
- Have a good clear out-take stuff to the charity shop
I’m getting a little bit excited for Autumn now!
As long as it doesnt rain every day I’ll be happy!