I am a self confessed non-baker!
I have tried many times to pull off something resembling a cake or a biscuit
and apart from the Levi Roots Banana Loaf there has not been much success.
My husband was looking for something to keep me and LB entertained and decided that baking was a good idea-really does he know me at all?
Anyway we went with it, mainly because the idea of warm cookies
(if they turned out alright) was just too tempting.
Makes – 18
Prep Time – 15 mins Cooking Time – 20 minutes
Freezing – Not recommended
- Preheat oven to Gas Mark 4 / 180degrees C.
- Blend the chocolate in a food processor until you have quite large chunks, then tip onto a plate to reserve.
- Place the butter, flour, baking powder and porridge oats in the processor and mix for 30secs or until the mixture becomes fine breadcrumbs.
- Add the egg and sugar to the processor and pulse until well combined.
Then add the chocolate before mixing until just combined.
- Put piles of the mixture onto your baking sheets, keeping them far enough apart to give space for spreading. Flatten each pile slightly with the back of a fork.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until they are pale golden brown.
Try adding 50g peanuts
They are also delicious made with milk and/or white chocolate
They didn’t last very long between us two and Daddy!
Original Recipe from the Kenwood Creative Food Processor Cooking book by Becky Johnson that came with our food processor.